PDA

View Full Version : Update On Mauro Ranallo Missing The Last Two Episodes Of Smackdown

Kemo
03-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Smackdown Live announcer Mauro Ranallo has broken his silence after disappearing from the public eye for over two weeks.

Mauro Ranallo missed the March 14th episode of SmackDown due to ‘travel issues’ related to a bad snow storm. This week, Tom Phillips mentioned in passing that Ranallo wasn’t there due to illness. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has reported that Mauro Ranallo has been out of contact with people he has known for years since March 13th. That is also the date that Ranallo stopped using social media.

Ranallo has suffered with depression since his teenage years and has spoken about his mental health struggles, bravely dubbing himself the Bi-Polar Rock & Roller.

On Thursday night, Mauro Ranallo took to Twitter and thanked fans for their support. He used the hashtags #MentalHealthMonday and #EndTheStigma, indicating that his hiatus was related to depression.

I'm deeply touched by your tweets of support. My doctor wants me to stay off social media for now but I wanted to thank you.

— Mauro Ranallo (@mauroranallo) March 24, 2017

Keep up the good fight! #MentalHealthMonday #EndTheStigma

— Mauro Ranallo (@mauroranallo) March 13, 2017