PDA

View Full Version : Sinclair Broadcast Group Comments on ROH Sale Rumors

Kemo
03-24-2017, 05:48 PM
As you probably heard earlier this week, WWE has been in talks with Sinclair Broadcasting Group regarding a potential sale of Ring of Honor. The news was first reported by Pro Wrestling Sheet and now Ring of Honor has issued a brief statement regarding the news.

Sinclair Broadcast Group issued the following statement to BleedingCool.com:

“Sinclair’s corporate policy is never to comment on speculative rumors and unsubstantiated stories.”

A few top ROH talents have also commented on WWE’s negotiations with Sinclair. ROH World Champion Christopher Daniels was a guest on this week’s Bischoff on Wrestling podcast and had this to say to Eric Bischoff:

“I don’t know anything specific about it. I can’t imagine that when you say ‘acquisition’… I can’t imagine it’s a full on acquisition. Only because I think that Sinclair is committed to doing things with Ring of Honor for it’s own business purposes. Again, I can’t really comment with any sort of intelligence on what the whole thing is even about.

I have heard that rumor but I don’t feel like Ring of Honor is going to be sold to WWE outright. It depends too on what WWE is trying to gain. Is it a matter of the tape library? Is a matter of the contracts of certain wrestlers? Who knows? I guess the best thing we can do is sort of sit and see how it plays out if it’s even true. That’s all I can do. I am just going to continue to assume. I’m booked, I’m wrestling, I am going to continue to prepare for the next show and we are going to see how it all plays out.”

Matt Jackson of the Young Bucks also tweeted:

ROH isn't going anywhere. Besides, we'd buy it first anyway with all our merch money.

— The Young Bucks (@MattJackson13) March 23, 2017