PDA

View Full Version : Stipe Miocic on UFC 211 Title Defense: ‘I’m Gonna go Out There Swinging’

Kemo
03-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Stipe Miocic is set to make his second UFC heavyweight title defense.

Miocic will meet former UFC heavyweight title holder Junior dos Santos in a rematch from their Dec. 2014 bout. They’ll do battle at UFC 211 on May 13. In their first encounter, “Cigano” took a controversial unanimous decision victory.

This time, the two are fighting for the ultimate prize. Miocic won the title back in May 2016 with a first-round knockout over Fabricio Werdum. He then successfully defended his championship against Alistair Overeem with another first-round knockout.

As for dos Santos, his last bout was against Ben Rothwell. “Cigano” turned in a dominant performance and earned a unanimous decision victory.

In a recent interview with Flo Combat, Miocic said he plans on throwing everything but the kitchen sink at dos Santos:

“Doesn’t get any better than this. They have two title fights, a bunch of top 5, top 10 guys fighting each other. These guys are going for broke. I’m just locked in like I do every fight. I have seven performance bonuses, that’s the most in the heavyweight division. I’m still young and I’ve got a lot more coming. I’m gonna go out there, and I go to bang, man. I don’t care what happens, I’m gonna go out there swinging – win or lose…I’m gonna be winning, though.”