PDA

View Full Version : Al Iaquinta: ‘You Can’t Get Suckered Into That Diego Sanchez Wild Nonsense Fight’

Kemo
03-26-2017, 04:23 PM
If you’re expecting Al Iaquinta to brawl with Diego Sanchez, you may be disappointed.

Iaquinta is set to compete in a fight for the first time since April 2015. He’ll meet Diego Sanchez inside the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on April 22. “Raging” will get a chance to extend his winning streak to five.

For Sanchez, he’ll have an opportunity to build off his unanimous decision victory over Marcin Held back in Nov. 2016. In a recent interview with Flo Combat, Iaquinta said he won’t be sucked into “The Nightmare’s” frenetic fighting style:

“You can’t get suckered into that Diego Sanchez wild nonsense fight. If I did get into that kind of fight I am ready for it. I am better at that style of fighting than he is. The easy route to victory is being clean. I will be cleaner than him. I will pick my shots. I know when he will want to go crazy. There are no setups for anything he does. I have things I have to look out for but I am going in there to try to look good. This is really a fight where I can go in there and look good and impress a lot of people.”