View Full Version : Michael Bisping Recounts Funny Nate Diaz Story

Kemo
03-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Michael Bisping had an interesting first meeting with the younger Diaz brother which happened all the way back in 2011.

The Diaz brothers are among some of the most popular fighters in MMA history. With a propensity to speak their minds, despite controversy and deliver some electrifying, no-nonsense performances in the cage, the Stockton pair have certainly made their mark on MMA. Bisping brought up the subject of his meeting with Nate Diaz on his “Believe You Me” podcast:

“The first time I met Nate Diaz, I was in Denver. There was a UFC event there and I was in for fight week doing some stuff. I was scheduled to fight Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller, we were in Denver promoting the fight. I was in the elevator and Nick Diaz – sorry, Nate Diaz – walks in. I’m like ‘Hey Nate, how you doing’ and we shake hands briefly.

“No conversation, it was just one of those elevator rides, there was a few other people in there so everyone is standing there, kind of looking at the ceiling or whatever, waiting for the ride to pass. And then the doors open. Nate gets out, and just as the doors are shutting, he leans back in and goes ‘Oh, I forgot man. F—k Miller!’ and puts the two fingers up and walks off. And I just thought that was hilarious, it was great. I just thought ‘Okay, I like this guy. He’s cool.’“

Fans may or may not remember what is now labelled the infamous Strikeforce brawl in Nashville, Tennessee. Jason “Mayhem” Miller had entered the cage following the Diaz brothers’ teammate Jake Shields following his win over Dan Henderson. Nick and Nate, along with the rest of Shields’ crew, beat Miller inside the cage on national TV. This was only Strikeforce’s second event ever aired on CBS, and needless to say, the last.