PDA

View Full Version : Despite Close Title Bout, Dan Henderson Doesn’t Have The ‘Itch’ to Return

Kemo
04-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Don’t expect Dan Henderson to put his gloves back on.

Henderson left falling just short of capturing the UFC middleweight gold. “Hendo” had the champion Michael Bisping hurt a couple of times, but “The Count” survived to earn a unanimous decision victory.

While Henderson still believes he should’ve been awarded the win, he doesn’t see himself returning to MMA competition:

“Obviously it’s a little frustrating and bums me out. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth with how I went out. I felt that I should have won that fight and retired as champion. I don’t dwell on things like that. I don’t wake up in the morning thinking that I got f*cked. But it’s a little frustrating. I don’t think a day goes by where somebody doesn’t bring it up, unfortunately. It was what it was. I can move on, but I felt that I beat him up and he didn’t do anything to me, so why should he have won? No, I don’t have any itch. It was enough time, 20 years of doing it. If I had the itch, I’d go to the gym, spar with my guys, and I’ll be dead for the rest of the day. And that will get rid of the itch.”