PDA

View Full Version : Angela Lee Says Fighting Joanna Jedrzejczyk Would be a ‘Really Great Opportunity’

Kemo
04-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Angela Lee isn’t shying away from the possibility of taking on UFC competition.

Lee is the reigning ONE Championship atomweight title holder. While she isn’t considered a strawweight under the promotion, she does fight at 115 pounds which is the strawweight limit in the UFC. “Unstoppable” has been considered a top prospect with a record of 7-0.

During a recent appearance on MMAFighting.com‘s “The MMA Hour” Lee was asked if a future move to the UFC is in her sights. The ONE Championship’s 115-pound ruler said she’s open to a bout against UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk:

“It’s something that I’m all open for. I think that it would be a really great opportunity. For me, every day I’m just learning and growing and evolving even more as a fighter. And so it would be a really great fight. I would definitely look forward to that. I think that because the UFC is the major organization here in North America, a lot of times people don’t pay as much attention to the other organizations and they might [discredit them]. I think when I watch the fighters fight, I don’t necessarily talk like that, but I know that I can hang with them. I’m pretty confident in my skill set that I could do well.”