PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Talks About WWE’s Plans For Him After The Brand Split, JBL’s Alleged Bullying

Kemo
04-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Cody Rhodes recently appeared on The Other Guys podcast and spoke to Baby Huey and Bimbo Jimbo about the JBL bullying allegations, his time on the independent wrestling scene and a proposed WWE storyline that would have seen him compete on both RAW and SmackDown as Cody Rhodes and Stardust. Here are some highlights of what Cody said about:

The Young Bucks Setting The Standard For Independent Wrestlers:

“They created a world where guys didn’t need WWE, or to be part of WWE…the venues might be smaller, but the crowds are full. The energy is the same level if not higher…the level of talent is at an absolute high.

Plans WWE Had For Him With The Brand Split:

“At one point the plan was for me to be Stardust on one brand, and Cody Rhodes on another brand. I thought that was a really great idea. Absolutely wanted to do it! Everybody wanted to do it except for one person who will remain nameless, but that one person has the main vote.”

If He Ever Saw JBL Bully Anybody:

“I’ve known JBL since I first got there ya know in 2007…I never encountered that with John at all. Wrestling isn’t for everybody though. It’s not bullying sometimes when it’s just playful ribbing… I never personally saw any bullying the entire time, and I was there for 11 years, and in every locker room.”