PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Addresses Potential Heel Turn, Miz Getting Personal In Their Feud

Kemo
04-27-2017, 04:33 AM
John Cena recently took part in a “Five Questions With…” interview with Sports Illustrated. Cena spoke about fans calling for him to turn heel, his relationship with Nikki Bella being incorporated into his WrestleMania feud with The Miz and the fact that he hasn’t headlined a WrestleMania since 2013.

For as long as John Cena has been the face of WWE and a rule-abiding hero to WWE’s younger fans, there’s a segment of the WWE Universe pining for the day Cena snaps and turns heel. As much as a heel turn could freshen up Cena’s character, his work with the Make-A-Wish foundation and countless other charities makes that a highly improbable scenario.

Cena relishes his role as the ‘Superman’ of WWE and knows that he provides a source of inspiration and escape for people around the world.

“I don’t think everyone wants me to turn,” Cena said. “There is a group of people that don’t like what they see, but the most important message I send is you can’t please everybody, never be ashamed to be who you are, and know that what you do affects people.

I look at it as a way to provide hope for families that don’t go through what we consider a normal day by providing a smile and happiness. I look at WWE as a vehicle to provide an escape and happiness. That’s why I’m here every year, I believe in what we do.”

John Cena’s real-life relationship with Nikki Bella was the focal point of their WrestleMania feud with The Miz and Maryse. Cena and Nikki already put their personal lives on display on Total Bellas, but Miz and Maryse said a number of things during their program that hit close to home.

When asked if things got “too real” in the lead-up to WrestleMania, Cena said his engagement to Nikki Bella was his most important WrestleMania moment.

“I tell everyone who will listen, Nicole is the strongest, most inspiring person I’ve ever met. That’s why I love her. I’ve headlined with The Rock and I’ve been a part of a lot of WrestleMania moments, but this moment with Nicole is the one most important of all because I get to stand alongside her in a WrestleMania ring.

All of that is because of her story. She drives me, she inspires me. We learn from each other every day. On top of that, I’m head over heels for her. And she loves this business just as much as I do, so it’s special.”