PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Blog: Jinder Mahal As #1 Contender, Charlotte-Hogan Comparison, Vince Movie

Kemo
04-28-2017, 06:21 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jimm Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. In this installment, JR talks about Rey Mysterio appearing on his podcast this week, New Japan coming to California this summer, Shinsuke Nakamura on SmackDown and much more.

Here are some highlights from JR’s latest blog:

A Movie Based on Vince McMahon’s Life

Earlier this week, it was revealed that a movie based on the life of Vince McMahon is in the works by TriStar Pictures. JR called the project ‘intriguing’ based on his two decade plus relationship with Vince.

“The casting of this big time, film is also provocative. ‘Who plays J.R.?’ has been asked of me many times and I don’t have a clue. Perhaps, just get some chubby, average, at best, looking Caucasian dude with a Okie accent and have at it would be my take on that.”

Comparing Charlotte To Hulk Hogan

Jim Ross is the latest industry icon to heap praise on Charlotte Flair. Paul Heyman said he believes Charlotte will main event a WrestleMania one day and become a global attraction. JR gave his take, comparing the Queen of WWE to Hulk Hogan.

“Charlotte is making amazing strides to up her game and that’s what one often gets when you combine a world class athlete with Flair DNA and seemingly an obsession to be the best ever in the game.

@MsCharlotteWWE is quickly developing into the ‘Hulk Hogan’ of her gender in WWE. It’s not far fetched whatsoever to think that Charlotte will headline a major PPV some day in the future if things continue to progress.”

Jinder Mahal: #1 Contender

SmackDown star Jinder Mahal is the #1 contender to Randy Orton’s WWE Championship. That reality is getting a lot of buzz from wrestling fans online and JR feels it’s being over-analyzed by a handful of pundits.

“The rapid advancement up the card of Jinder has some concerned, and I get that point, but I see it as worth the chance and, fast track or not, Mahal is somewhat of a calculated risk which is essentially the same thing that most promotions deal with when advancing new talents who suddenly appear on the main event radar.

I like this booking because it involves a deserving, hard working talent who has unique skills, is fundamentally sound and has a unique, TV persona plus he provides Randy Orton with a new opponent.”

JR questioned what would happen if Jinder Mahal actually won the WWE Championship and said it’s not the worst booking idea he’s heard lately.