PDA

View Full Version : ROH Survival Of The Fittest Tonight In Ohio

Dangerous Incorporated
10-06-2006, 10:41 PM
ROH SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TONIGHT IN OHIO, DETROIT RETURN, PHILLY BUS TRIP & LOTS OF ROH NEWS

ROH's "Survival of the Fittest 2006" take place tonight in Cleveland, Ohio featuring first-round matches of Christopher Daniels vs. Austin Aries, Matt Sydal vs. Davey Richards, Jimmy Rave vs. Delirious, Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe, and Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Homicide & Roderick Strong with the six winners advancing into a six way match to determine the "Survivor". ROH was originally going to ditch the concept this year but the outpouring of reaction when I reported that caused them to reconsider. Also scheduled for tonight ROH Tag Team champions Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Colt Cabana and Jimmy Jacobs, with the storyline being that Lacey has signed them to team together, although Jacobs (desperately in love with her) is miserable because Lacey's nailing Cabana and could care less about Jacobs. Jim Cornette will be appearing, so expect something to move the Homicide storyline along. Irish Airborne will be appearing, facing two ROH students on the undercard.

Ring of Honor returns tomorrow to the Detroit market at the Michigan State Fairgrounds & Expo Center "Michigan Mart". They may have a hard time drawing, as the show is scheduled the same day as the biggest local college football game of the year, Michigan-Michigan State, as well as the first Detroit Tigers playoff game in 19 years. The Michigan lineup features:

*ROH champion Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries
*Homicide & Samoa Joe vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe with Jim Cornette in attendance
*Chris Hero vs. Roderick Strong
*Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards
*Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal vs. Colt Cabana & Jimmy Jacobs
*Lacey & Allison Danger vs. Daizee Haze & MsChif
*Jimmy Rave vs. Delirious vs. Jake Crist vs. Dave Crist vs. Shane Hagadorn vs. Pelle Primeau

For ticket information, visit www.ROHWrestling.com. If you attend any of the ROH shows this weekend, feel free to send along a live report and thoughts by clicking on my name above.

There will be a bus trip out of New York City and New Jersey to the 11/4 Philadelphia, PA return for $55 which includes VIP admission, first choice general admission seating, your ticket to the show, and more. For details, email AGENTCLPT@aol.com. The Philadelphia return will be headlined by Homicide vs. Steve Corino in a "Fight Without Honor" (anything goes), KENTA making his last ROH appearance for awhile vs Matt Sydal, and The Briscoes vs. Davey Richards & Delirious. It will be the company's final visit to their original home city for the calendar year.

The most improved in-ring performer of 2006 (and I mean anywhere when I say that), Nigel McGuiness is back on tour with Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan.

The 11/3 return to Braintree, MA will be headlined by Steve Corino & The Briscoes vs. Homicide & Samoa Joe & TBA. ROH will return to MA in 2007, although I don't have the date confirmed.

Additional ROH dates for the remainder of 2006 not touched upon above are 10/27 in Dayton, Ohio (Corino & Adam Pearce with Jim Cornette vs. Homicide & Joe, Jay Briscoe vs. Davey Richards, Castagnoli vs. Austin Aries, Sydal vs. Delirious), 10/28 in Chicago Ridge, Illinois (Danielson vs. Joe, Christopher Daniels vs. Aries, Mark Briscoe vs. Richards, Corino vs. Delirious), 11/24 in Long Island, NY, 11/25 in Edison, NJ, 12/22 in East Windsor, CT and 12/23 back in NYC at the Manhattan Center for Final Battle 2006 (Homicide challenges Bryan Danielson for the ROH title).