PDA

View Full Version : Title Match Scheduled For Smackdown Tonight

Kemo
05-02-2017, 04:06 PM
The rubber match in the Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens feud goes tonight on Smackdown with the US championship on the line.

Owens defeated Jericho at WrestleMania, but Jericho forced Owens to tap at Payback to win the championship.

Tomorrow night, I take back what was stolen from me. I take back what is rightfully mine as #TheFaceOfAmerica. I take back MY #USTitle. https://t.co/hr1jeZnmKA

— Kevin Owens (@FightOwensFight) May 2, 2017

At the Festival of Friendship, Jericho presented Owens with a painting. It was a replica of the “Creation of Man” painting, only with Jericho and Owens playing the roles of God and man. In the painting Owens and Jericho are reaching out their index fingers towards one another.

At WrestleMania, Owens used his index finger to reach the bottom rope while trapped in the Walls of Jericho. Owens then went on to win the match. At Payback, Owens again just used his index finger to grab the bottom rope to get out of a submission. Jericho then smashed Owens’ finger in the steps and locked Owens back in a submission. This time with his index finger injured, Owens had to tap as he could not reach out and grab the rope.

Owens’ index finger is an analogy for their “friendship”. He had used the finger/Jericho’s friendship to win matches. So if Jericho wanted to win he had to break the finger/friendship, which is what he did. Pretty creative storytelling.