PDA

View Full Version : Bully Ray Discusses Almost Doing his Bully Character in WWE, Possibly Being a WWE Producer, More

Kemo
05-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Bully Ray recently spoke with ESPN.com about his career and more. Here are the highlights.

On almost doing his bully character in WWE:

“We were one day away from becoming Bully Ray in WWE,” Bully Ray told ESPN.com. “One of the problems with having Bully Ray in the WWE was the word bully. How could they have a guy named Bully when they had the ‘Be a STAR’ program? It was a little too risky for them. I mean [the WWE] have other characters there that do bully-ish type things, but the whole basis of Bully Ray is he is the quintessential bully,” he said. “His entire character is built around bullying people. Built around making people do things against their will. And with the business they have going on now — the Be a STAR program and more PG-rated stuff, bullying being such a sensitive subject around an entire world — it just wasn’t gonna work out.”

On possibly being a WWE producer:

“It wasn’t time for me to hang up my boots yet,” he said. “I have been asked in the past by the higher-ups in WWE if I’d be interested in being a producer, and when the time is right hopefully that position is still available.”