PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Says He’ll Never Be A WrestleMania Part-Timer, Might Not Appear On WWE TV Again

Kemo
06-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Chris Jericho recently spoke with Brandon Stroud of Uproxx about a variety of topics, including his most recent WWE run, taking time off to tour with his metal band Fozzy, part-time wrestlers who show up only for WrestleMania paydays and his future with WWE.

Although some might classify Jericho as a part-time WWE Superstar since he does take extended breaks to focus on outside projects, he sees a stark difference between his schedule and legends who show up once or twice a year to collect a WrestleMania payday and leapfrog Superstars who have been on the road with WWE all year. This group would include the likes of The Undertaker, Triple H, The Rock and even RAW Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.

When asked if we’ll see him doing the part-time WrestleMania thing as he winds down his career, Jericho said:

“No, I won’t do it because that’s not the way it should be. When you’re there, you should go on the road. That’s how you help guys to learn. That’s how I got better.”

Jericho is known for constantly reinventing himself and his most recent run produced some of the best work of his career. His bromance with Kevin Owens, the scarves, The List, Stupid Idiot and “Drink it in, man” have kept his character on the cutting edge of WWE nearly 18 years after his debut with the company.

“This whole year I got way better because of working with the younger guys, who then were learning from me as well,” Jericho said. “They need that. It was a great year with just an awesome locker room, great people, lots of fun. I had as much fun out of the ring as I did in the ring.”

As for his future with WWE, he does plan to wrestle again, but he’d entertain the idea of only working live events.

“And in 2015, all I did was live events. I didn’t do TV at all. It’s like the anti-type Brock Lesnar. I wouldn’t have a problem doing that either. Maybe I’ll never go back on TV again. Maybe I’ll just do live events”