PDA

View Full Version : The Miz Talks About The Ball Family’s Controversial RAW Appearance

Kemo
07-01-2017, 03:01 AM
WWE Intercontinental champion The Miz appeared on the Hard Hidz Wrestling Podcast this week to promote WWE’s ongoing overseas tour. During the discussion, Miz commented on Monday’s controversial edition of MizTV featuring LaVar, Lonzo and LaMelo Ball. The segment went off the rails when 15-year-old LaMelo used a racial slur twice on live television, which resulted in WWE immediately putting out a statement condemning Ball’s actions.

The Miz spoke about the situation in detail on Hard Hidz.

“People are still talking about it. It’s all over all of our sports hubs in America are just talking nonstop about it. They want interviews with me and everything. You know, when you have, you know, celebrities and everything come on our show you know, sometimes things get a little crazy because you never know what they’re going to do, what they’re going to say. You know, it’s one of those situations where, you know, you have a script but sometimes they don’t follow that script.”

Miz is a big basketball fan, so he knows the Ball Family and was excited excited to be involved with their WWE RAW cameo. He had mainstream notoriety outside of WWE from his days as a reality television star and understands why WWE brings in celebrities for special appearances.

“We have thousands of our fans who are diehards who just want to see us, WWE Superstars. They don’t want to see celebrities but we also have to cater to everyone. You know what I mean? We want more people to love WWE and to love our product so we bring, you know, outside celebrities in to help generate that because maybe they might not be diehard fans of LaVar Ball but there might be LaVar Ball fans out there who want to see what he’s going to do and now with all the attention we generated, maybe next week we’ll have more fans because of the people that were like, ‘Wow, you know what. I like that, I’m going to keep watching it now.’ So that’s kind of what it’s all about in my opinion.”