PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Jarrett on Slammiversary, Relationship with the Hardys, and more…

Kemo
07-02-2017, 05:07 PM
It’s been a big week for Jeff Jarrett. The man who helped create NWA: Total Non-Stop Action in 2002, has now reached a deal to rebrand the company into Global Force Wrestling. The promotion returns to PPV this Sunday.

Jarrett recently sat down with Sports Illustrated to speak on the upcoming PPV, the Hardys, and more.

Pi32bKLPgO4

On keeping a promotion’s roster fresh:

“The old saying is familiarity breeds contempt, so my philosophy is to refresh the roster. The brand took a lot of hits over the past 36 months, and the quickest way to rebrand is by bringing in new talent and giving new opportunities.”

On his relationship with the Hardys:

“My family and Jeff Hardy’s family have taken vacations together for several years, and Jeff’s been one of my best friends for a long time, but business is business.”

“Whether it’s a song you write or a television show or a movie or professional wrestling, there are three components to IP law. There is publishing, there are writers, and there are performers. The publisher is always the owner.

The discussions have really gotten twisted, but IP law is real simple. The publishers are the owners. I’ll leave it at that because I want to take the high road. I think very highly of Jeff, and I respect Matt Hardy’s ability, quite frankly, more than he ever will know, but business is business. I’m very happy for their success, and they’re kicking butt in WWE.”

On Slammiversary:

“I can tell you about the heavyweight title, the women’s match between Rosemary vs. Sienna, or the X-division match between Sonjay Dutt and Low Ki. We have a star from the NFL in DeAngelo Williams wrestling. From top to bottom, you will be thoroughly entertained by this show.”

On Expansion to India:

“We were the first wrestling organization to ever produce content on Indian soil, and that is something we’re very proud of. Airing on Spike in the U.K. is another milestone for us, and we got in our ratings from Africa, where there has been a constant, steady growth.”