PDA

View Full Version : Jinder Mahal: John Cena is my Biggest Competition

Kemo
07-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Jinder Mahal recently sat down with Indian media outlet, Sunday Guardian Live, about his

Jinder Mahal is scheduled to defend his WWE championship against Randy Orton in a Punjabi Prison match at the Battleground PPV on July 23rd.

On his conditioning and fitness routine:

“So, every morning when I wake up, before I eat anything, I drink water or may be black coffee without sugar or any calories. And then for half an hour, I do intense cardio and then I eat. I eat oatmeal, white protein shake and bananas and lift weights. And also, every day since last year, I have been doing yoga, as stretching is very important for recovery and injury prevention. Most of my workouts are athletic-based alongside body-building workouts.”

Who His Biggest WWE Rivals Are:

“Right now, I am focusing on my match with Randy Orton as I want to retain my title. But I think John Cena is my biggest competitor because for a long time, John Cena has been the face of the WWE and he won’t give up this title anytime soon. So, it would be challenging.”

On His Old Trainer, Bad News Brown:

“The greatest influence on my life, I would say would be my original trainer, Bad News Brown. He taught me so much, not only in wrestling but taught me so much in real life—what it is to be a man, taking care of your family, and that life outside the ring is also very important. He taught me that.”

Jinder’s Advice to Aspiring Wrestlers:

“My advice would be, stay motivated and work hard and don’t give up. Because miracles could happen and that big break could be right there in the corner. Stay focused and driven. Take care of your body and stay away from drugs and stuff like that. Respect your body and your coach. And keep working hard and nothing is impossible as long as you are ready to work hard for that.”