PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Prichard Reveals Vince McMahon’s First Impression Of Triple H

Kemo
07-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Former WWE executive Bruce Prichard took to the 51st episode of his podcast, Something To Wrestle With, to talk about the rise of ex-WWE writer Vince Russo in the professional wrestling industry. Prichard talked about a variety of topics involving Russo and the era in which he was with the company, and told an interesting story about the first impression “The Chairman Of The Board” Vince McMahon had about Triple H.

Per Prichard, Russo was one of “The Game’s” biggest supporters early on in his run, but McMahon and Jim Cornette were not sold on the young “Cerebral Assassin,” calling him a mid-card talent at best:

“I do remember Corny and Vince McMahon saying that Triple H would be a midcard guy at best early on in his career and Russo was a huge proponent of Triple H. And I dare say that without Russo at the helm at the time, Hunter probably would not have gotten the breaks that he got at the time.”

“Yeah, [Russo was Triple H’s biggest advocate at the time] and then Vince McMahon became, but Hunter was one of those guys who was always around, always asking questions, and wanting to be a part of whatever he could do to learn. I liked Hunter because I always liked his attitude, just willing to do whatever it took to learn the [pro wrestling] business, but Russo was definitely pushing Hunter and had an awful lot of ideas for him.”