PDA

View Full Version : Christian Talks About The Time He Asked Stone Cold to Watch His Match

Kemo
07-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Former WWE Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian took to their podcast, E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness, and touched on the importance of young talent asking veteran workers for advice as much as possible. Both men noted how they received advice from the likes of The Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin, however, it was Christian’s story about advice he received from Austin that stole the show.

“Captain Charisma” spoke about his respect for Austin and how “The Texas Rattlesnake” used to stay late at shows and watch every match on the card. One night Christian asked Austin to watch his match and give him some pointers on how he could improve, and the critique the WWE Hall Of Famer provided Christian with was priceless:

“I remember asking him specifically “Hey, can you watch my match tonight? I’m trying to get better as a singles performer.” And Steve doesn’t pull punches, he’s a straight shooter. I came back from the match… and Steve is a friend of mine. I thought he’d be like “Hey, this is a buddy”, the crowd was reacting, match was good, got reactions.

“I’ll never forget it… I walked back and said “What did you think?” He looked me straight in the eyes and said “Why don’t you learn how to f**king sell?” Then he walked away. I was like “Whoa. Hold on a second here. What?” I went back and watched a bunch of my matches and realized “He’s right. I don’t sell enough”