PDA

View Full Version : Female WWE Superstars Comment on Potential Women’s Royal Rumble Match

Kemo
07-07-2017, 04:51 PM
With the first, and second, ever women’s MITB matches in the books, speculation has returned regarding potentially holding a women’s Royal Rumble match. There have been rumours of a potential women’s Rumble going back as early as before last year’s event.

In recent years, WWE has significantly increased the amount of female performers on their rosters, and the addition of the Mae Young Classic later this month should further that trend. The roster size is arguably where it needs to be to pull this match off.

Recently, Becky Lynch had this to say regarding a women’s Rumble match:

“I think there’ll definitely be a time where the women get their own Royal Rumble. When you look at the fact that in July there is the Mae Young Classic taking place between 32 women. Then you have the women in NXT and the women on both brands. I think it’s a year or two away from having our own Royal Rumble, then maybe our tag titles. The sky is the limit.”

Charlotte Flair commented on a women’s Rumble match earlier this year:

“I hope in the future, if we have a big enough division to do it or if they ever bring RAWand Smackdown back together, I’d love for us to have an all-female Royal Rumble. I think that would be awesome.”

Before the 2017 version of the Rumble, Bayley was asked her thoughts about a potential women’s Rumble match:

“I kind of honestly think we need a few more girls to do something like that because the guys have 30 men. We don’t have many girls. Even if it was Raw and Smackdown combined, I don’t think it would make it 20. If we had more girls brought in, maybe like NXT girls, that would be really cool and I think it would be a lot of fun.”

Sasha Banks meanwhile, notes that Chyna and Beth Phoenix have both appeared in the men’s Rumble match, and leading up to the 2017 Rumble, she wanted to do the same:

1oHWkWnhZNU