PDA

View Full Version : John Cena On Why WWE Doesn’t Acknowledge Chris Benoit

Kemo
07-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Chris Benoit murdered his wife and son in 2007 and then took his own life two days later. WWE has since removed references to Chris Benoit in the company. His matches are still on the WWE Network, but his name does not appear when trying to search or skip to the match he was in. A fan asked Cena why doesn’t acknowledge Benoit in a historical context during a Q&A in Australia and below is Cena’s response:

“Very difficult question, and I’ll answer it like this,” Cena explained. “Often times, we get caught up in a person’s ability and their performance and this transcends WWE, this is a problem in sport. It is also a problem in entertainment. People will do bad things, but if they are good at what they do, sometimes those things are overlooked.

I don’t in believe that. I believe you should take ownership for your actions. All of them. Not just ones that are performed in front of an audience. I think our company’s stance on the entire situation set a precedent for athletics, and a precedent for entertaining of taking ownership for your actions.”