PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Defends His Commentary At NJPW’s G1 Special

Kemo
07-11-2017, 12:18 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has responded to people who were critical of his commentary during last weekend’s New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 Special.

Commentating sucked at the #G1Special..at least @realkevinkelly knows the storylines and OUR F#CKING NAMES

— 'Bad Boy' Tama Tonga (@Tama_Tonga) July 8, 2017

JR is a guest on the latest episode of the The Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast and details the entire week of events leading up to the two night spectacular and his disappointment with the entire social media backlash to his mistakes made during the live broadcast. The full episode can be downloaded Tuesday on iTunes or by visiting The Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling at Podomatic.

Jim Ross Responds To People Who Weren’t Satisfied With His Commentary For The G1 Special:

“It is a real ambitious undertaking for the AXS TV folks who do do MMA 40 days a year (40 weeks a year on Friday night) or something like that but they had never done pro wrestling. So we had a brand new crew that had no and most essentially no experience whatsoever in pro wrestling. I thought that we rallied together and came through with an excellent effort, the desire and the will to be good was there. I had some flub ups and was asking which one is Jay (of The Briscoe Brothers) and which one is which and God almighty the guy we asked was one of the ringside guys and Josh Barnett and I said which one is which and one of the guys said: ‘Well, ( I can’t remember Mark or Jay) doesn’t have any front teeth.’ I said (okay) that doesn’t help me unless you are going to be shooting their smile, give me something. I got hammered on social media because I made that mistake and people forget that we are human and we are doing a live television show.”

OzWdxa7Br7s