PDA

View Full Version : Jinder Mahal Discusses Facing Randy Orton at Battleground, Being WWE Champion, More

Kemo
07-19-2017, 12:21 AM
WWE Champion Jinder Mahal recently spoke with the Times Of India to promote his upcoming championship defense against Randy Orton in a Punjabi Prison match at this Sunday’s Battleground pay-per-view event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the Wells Fargo Center. Here are the highlights.

On being WWE Champion:

“Holding the WWE title is a dream come true. It is a title that has been held by the likes Hulk Hogan, Bruno Sammartino and that is something I don’t take lightly. It is a huge opportunity for me and it allows me to represent India and it is a huge honor. I want to make my people back home proud of me and hold the championship belt for a long time to come.”

On his match at Battleground:

“I know it will be an intense match, I have made two changes to my workout plan. I have been doing a lot of body-weight exercises, I am doing pull-ups which my fans can see on my Instagram posts. I want to make sure that I maintain my strength and keep my body-weight as much as possible. I will need strength to climb up to the second cage and I know it will be a long match so I will need my stamina.”

On his creative control over his character:

“I do have creative control but also Vince gives advice and ideas and I take them. Vince has experience and he has made the biggest sports entertainment in the history. He has made WWE into a global phenomenon. I have a good relation with Vince, he trusts me on the microphone, with my matches, which will only increase with time. I personally want to seek Vince’s advice.”