PDA

View Full Version : Austin Aries Responds To The Criticism Towards WWE’s Cruiserweight Division

Kemo
08-01-2017, 12:40 AM
In his final interview with Pro Wrestling Illustrated before being released from WWE earlier this month, Austin Aries discusses his wrestling bucket list, WWE possibly impacting children’s food choices, his thoughts on the Cruiserweight division, and how he almost walked away from professional wrestling in 2011. You can check out what he had to say here:

What’s on his wrestling bucket list:

“I don’t have a bucket list… Right now, I’m just focused on this book. It’s a new endeavor. I’ve got a great platform and I want to use it to spread an equally important message. Listen, I can sit and talk wrestling all year. I’ve talked about it for a decade. And it’s cool, but I want to talk about this book and I want to talk about the importance of what we put in our bodies multiple times a day.”

The potential influence WWE has on children’s food choices:

“As I go around the country and I’m seeing all the fans in the WWE Universe, there’s a lot of young kids and they’re off to the wrong start, because they’re being fed the wrong food. They’re being fed poison . . . I’ve been known to sneak a banana or two on screen. We’re pushing sugary New Day Booty-Os. I thought we’d balance it out with some nutritious fruit. A little banana with your Booty-Os won’t hurt.”

The WWE’s Cruiserweight Division:

“I’ll leave the criticism to the critics. I’ll leave that for the people who are paid to make those decisions. My job is to go out there and perform and—whatever job they give me to do—to do it to the best of my abilities.”

Nearly walking away from wrestling in 2011:

“Sometimes when you’re in the situation, it’s hard to evaluate it. Sometimes the best thing to do is to take a step back and get a little bit of a different perspective and re-evaluate things. For me, I’m smart enough and have been around the business long enough to know you don’t really retire.”