PDA

View Full Version : James Storm On Why He Signed With Global Force Wrestling Over WWE, What Triple H Told Him

Kemo
08-04-2017, 11:12 PM
Global Force Wrestling’s James Storm recently spoke with Brian Fritz of Sporting News and below are some highlights from the interview:

Why he chose to not sign with WWE NXT:

“With the schedule of NXT and [Triple H] was telling me we’re going to try and run 100-120 shows from here on out throughout the year and stuff. It’s all great and everything but where I was, personally, in my life, I couldn’t be on the road that much because I had some family problems, my wife wanted to have another kid. So, it was one of those things where it wasn’t the right timing for me.”

What Triple H told him when he left NXT:

“Hunter straight up told me, ‘Go get your life together. This is my number. Maybe in two years, we can do business again.’”

The benefit of Global Force Wrestling going on the road again:

“It’s really hard to judge who’s over and who’s not. I think with us getting back on the road, it will show management we need to push this guy because he’s really over or we should do something with this guy. It also helps younger talent learn how to work. Not just go out and do all these moves but to learn to work.”

On being ready to do whatever GFW management asks of him:

“Now in my career, it doesn’t matter to me who is running what because I’m the guy now, I show up and do what’s asked of me,” Storm said. “I don’t try to argue why and stuff. I know my role. To me, it’s a physical play — professional wrestling. I didn’t sign up to be the writer. I signed up to be the wrestler. Whatever the writer wants me to do now, I don’t show up and try to b— and say ‘I want to do this’ or ‘My character wouldn’t do that’. That’s not what I signed up for. I signed up to go out and do what they asked me to do and that’s what I do now.”

eA5M8Rturcs