PDA

View Full Version : Josh Thomson Claims Dana White Vetoed Fox Sports Commentary Gig

Kemo
08-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson opens up on how UFC President Dana White prevented him landing a commentary role with Fox Sports

Thomson, who recently took part in the Bellator pay-per-view in Madison Square Graden as part of the broadcast team, told BJPENN Radio how White essentially vetoed his chance to work for Fox Sports:

“I know there was a big push from my side and I really wanted to do that for Bellator. Truth be told, FOX had asked about me I don’t know how many times and Dana White had just told them no. He didn’t want to use me for it,” Thomson revealed. “No one knows why and no one understands why. There was a lot of talks back and forth. FOX wanted me to be their commentator back when I had just fought Nate Diaz (at UFC on FOX 7) and knocked him out. Everyone was hitting me up and saying I’d be great on FOX but when it all came down to it, from what I understand it was Dana telling everyone ‘no.’ So when Bellator came and asked me I was like ‘Hell yeah, I’d love to do it’. It’s something that I definitely want to pursue after (fighting). I love doing movies but the movie business is the hurry up and wait game. I like the energy of being in front of the camera, especially talking about something I love and that I’m so passionate about. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years now and I love it man!”

“So it was UFC President Dana White who got in the way?” Kinch asked in shock.

“Yup. Imagine that, right?” said Thomson.