PDA

View Full Version : Dave Chappelle Likens Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor to Harlem Globetrotters

Kemo
08-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Despite being a fan of both Floyd Mayweather & Conor McGregor, comedy legend Dave Chappelle won’t be tuning in come Aug. 26

It has been a long tradition to see the stars of the entertainment world flocking to the great arenas of America to watch the biggest boxing events of their times.

For comedy pioneer and satirical trailblazer Dave Chappelle, however, the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor spectacular in Las Vegas at the end of this month lacks one thing – true competition.

Chappelle confirmed his reasons for shunning the event on Hot 97 recently:

“That fight, I might not attend,” he said. “Because it has all the suspense of a Globetrotters game. It’s exciting, but I’m not going to go,” he continued. “I mean listen man, Floyd Mayweather is probably training as we speak. And as he’s training, do you know what Conor McGregor is doing? Learning how to box. He’s going to a fight a guy that was born with boxing gloves on, 10 oz. gloves. So it’s like, I just don’t see how McGregor can do it.”

“I will say about the McGregor-Mayweather fight that it’s such a spectacle that that in and of itself is worth seeing. I feel, no matter what happens, Conor McGregor’s a very big winner, and talked himself into a lot of money. It’s his first fight, and he gets to fight the very best. I just feel like that’s what the fight’s going to look like.”

Chappelle also spoke on the racial controversy which surrounded the Mayweather vs. McGregor press tour:

“Honestly man, for what I do the, my ears are a lot less sensitive than most people’s, and in my heart of hearts I believe that these guys are great fighters.”

“I enjoy Floyd Mayweather, and I enjoy Conor McGregor,” he continued. “I don’t get bent out of shape about the things he says, because I know he’s getting ready to fight a guy, and I’m sure he has to feel deep in his heart that he’s going to whoop his ass.”