PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Magnus & Brandi Rhodes Leaving GFW

Kemo
08-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Several performers have parted ways with Global Force Wrestling over the past several weeks, including former GFW Champion Magnus (Nick Aldis), Brandi Rhodes, Matt Morgan, Davey Richards, Madison Rayne, Al Snow and Shane Helms.

During a recent appearance on the Pancakes & Powerslams podcast, Magnus explained why he won’t be working with the company anymore. Magnus implies that GFW made him a low-ball offer that nobody with any value or sense of self-worth would sign.

“There was no release,” he said. “There was nothing like that. A contract was offered to me, which I declined. Anthem offered me a contract. I read the contract. It’s not something that, I’ll say this in the nicest way that I can, it’s not a contract that anyone with any value, any sense of self-value, or self-worth would sign. There’s no point in signing a contract to make you exclusive to one place if you’re not getting anything in return.”

Brandi Rhodes, wife of Ring of Honor Champion Cody Rhodes, left because she is working on a new non-wrestling television show based out of Atlanta and GFW wasn’t being cooperative about the situation. She recently made her first in-ring appearance for Ring of Honor and will continue to work the independent scene.

In honor of the late “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, her new ring attire features yellow polkadots. In a new blog post at her official website, Brandi explained the thought behind her new ring gear.

“I have never ever received so much positive energy towards anything I’ve ever worn in my entire life. Fashion is a passion of mine, for sure. But the dots make people feel good. They make people remember. They start conversations and encourage fans to tell me their favorite Dusty stories and moments. It’s really surreal and it helps people come together and enjoy themselves that much more.”

The time had last night at @WrestleCircus was second to none. Hope to be back! Passionate amazing fans in Texas. #RhodesCountry pic.twitter.com/SGAvNjjNH4

— Brandi Rhodes (@TheBrandiRhodes) August 6, 2017