PDA

View Full Version : Nia Jax Reveals Her Original WWE Name & Who Hated It

Kemo
08-18-2017, 06:38 PM
WWE Superstar Nia Jax was recently a guest on former WWE Champion Chris Jericho’s podcast, Talk Is Jericho to talk about her WWE career. During the interview, Jax talks about the original plans for her WWE name and who shut it down. Here is what she had to say:

Her original WWE name:

“My first name during my first match was ‘Lena.’ I was still Lena then, just because we hadn’t gotten a name yet,.”Then I was ‘Zeda’ for half a second; I picked it and thought it was such a cool name, and it got approved, but once I kind of put it out on Social Media, someone from the higher ups and was, ‘Who the F*** is Zeda?’ They said that they were changing that name, and to go back to Lena for the time being.”

Triple H not liking ‘Zeda’:

“I submitted a bunch of names. Nia is like a Samoan girl name that a lot of women have. Jax is from Sons of Anarchy, I was super into Jax, so I threw the name Jax in there and it came about that way. I believe Hunter gets the final say on the character names. He was actually the one who didn’t like the name Zeda, so he has the final say.”