PDA

View Full Version : “King Mo” Unwilling to Pay For Mayweather vs. McGregor ‘Mismatch’

Kemo
08-21-2017, 09:29 PM
xt5e0QrSU6E

Bellator’s Heavyweight contender “King” Mo Lawal does not believe that the upcoming bout between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is worth the pay-per-view price

Alternatively, Lawal will watch it via social media:

“Me, I’ll wait to watch it on Facebook,” Lawal recently told MMAjunkie Radio. “I’m not going to pay $100 to watch a guy make his pro debut versus a guy that’s 49-0, looking for his 50th win – a five-time world champion, a guy that’s a bronze medalist in the Olympics that should have won gold, a guy that’s been boxing his whole life, comes from a family of boxers. I’m not going to watch that mismatch.”

Lawal is finding it hard to envisage much of a chance for McGregor, who will be making his boxing debut against one of the greatest tacticians and minds boxing has ever seen:

“Eight-ounce gloves ain’t going to help Conor,” Lawal said. “It’s going to help Floyd unless Floyd hurts his hands in the first round, but I don’t see it happening, man. I’m glad Conor believes in himself. Anytime a man believes in himself, it’s hard to discount that person. He believes in himself, but so does Floyd, and Floyd’s been training real hard. [Mayweather] is going to go out there, walk Conor down behind his high guard, and just beat him up. It’s a mismatch. Just like when James Toney fought Randy Couture: mismatch. It is what it is.”

In an interview five months ago, “King Mo” claimed that Mayweather would ’embarrass’ McGregor. Check it out at the top of this page!