PDA

View Full Version : More Details On Why WWE Pulled The Plug On Baron Corbin’s Push

Kemo
08-25-2017, 04:51 PM
We noted before how Baron Corbin had some backstage heat which was the reason why he lost his Money In The Bank contract and then got defeated by John Cena at SummerSlam in a basic match.

Officials were reportedly upset with Corbin due to his twitter battle with people like Dave Meltzer and Mojo Rawley.

He also got involved in a fight with a fan on Twitter who later revealed that he was a military person and the whole incident went against him as well.

It was said that all this and his poor performance on the mic during his interactions with John Cena made officials lose faith in Baron and it resulted in his push coming to an end.

However, now it appears that a long time WWE Superstar’s comments were also one of the reasons why WWE decided to pull the plug on the former NXT Star.

Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated recently appeared on the WrestlingInc Podcast where he revealed that John Cena actually told officials that Corbin wasn’t ready:

“I heard the kiss of death was Cena, [Cena said] that Corbin wasn’t ready. I can’t say any more right now, that’s kind of what I’m trying to work on as we speak.”

While the Wrestling Journalist didn’t open up much about what Cena said, it has previously been reported that the similar thing happened with Dolph Ziggler.

In an interview, former WWE writer Kevin Eck had revealed that John wasn’t impressed with the performance of Ziggler during their initial feud which is a reason why WWE never pushed him to the Main Event level.

Since The Leader Of Cenation is one of the top stars in the company, the reports that WWE halted Baron Corbin’s push due to his negative comments, seem believable.