PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Reveals How He Got Styles Clash Unbanned From WWE

Kemo
08-30-2017, 03:36 PM
It’s a known fact that WWE has banned several moves they consider ‘too dangerous’ for their programming and when AJ Styles first came to the company many believed that his Styles Clash will suffer from the same faith as well.

It was reported that Vince McMahon found out about a botched Styles Clash which broke Yoshi Tatsu’s neck and he was said to be concerned about it being used on WWE Programming.

At one point Styles didn’t use the move for long which started rumors that WWE has banned it and AJ himself had to clear that it wasn’t the case. Now it appears Chris Jericho played a part in getting the move ‘unbanned’ from the company.

During his recent appearance on 107.7 The Bone with Baby Huey & Bimbo Jimbo, Jericho talked about the time AJ first came to WWE and revealed that Styles Clash was unofficially banned because of rumors of people getting hurt about it:

“He had this finishing move called the Styles Clash which was kind of unofficially banned in the WWE because there was rumors that people had gotten hurt from it and all that sort of thing, but I knew it was a great move.”

Continuing on the topic Chris said that he let Styles use the move in their matches and eventually he reached Mr. McMahon and told the boss that AJ should use that move to which he replied positively, ending the unspoken ban:

“Eventually I went to Vince and said “Did you see that move that AJ Did?” Never using the words the Styles Clash because I knew…that name is taboo. So, I said you know that move where he picks me up and dumps me on my face?…He should use that as a finish!” [and McMahon said] ‘Yes, absolutely use it as a finish’.”

Continuing on the topic Chris said that he let Styles use the move in their matches and eventually he reached Mr. McMahon and told the boss that AJ should use that move to which he replied positively, ending the unspoken ban:

“Eventually I went to Vince and said “Did you see that move that AJ Did?” Never using the words the Styles Clash because I knew…that name is taboo. So, I said you know that move where he picks me up and dumps me on my face?…He should use that as a finish!” [and McMahon said] ‘Yes, absolutely use it as a finish’.”