PDA

View Full Version : ECW House Results - 7th Oct 2006 (Hattiesburg, MS)

Dangerous Incorporated
10-08-2006, 09:03 AM
*RESULTS* ECW House Show - Hattiesburg, MS 7/10/06

Prior to the show, ring announcer Justin Roberts announced that Big Show would not be appearing tonight due to travel issues. He added that anybody who wanted a refund would be entitled to one if they were to leave by the end of the second match.

1. Rodney Mack b. Balls Mahoney

A good opener. Fans were definitely into the “Balls, balls, balls, balls, wooo-oooo BALLS” spot. Mack took the win via tap out with some form of a guillotine choke.

2. Brad Armstrong vs. Eric Perez

The way this match was laid out it was almost seemed like it was designed to fail. It was basically both guys exchanging head lock variations on the canvas. “Boring” chants shortly followed. Brad looked to be in good shape and I got a kick out of watching him as a wrestler from my childhood. Brad took the win by countering a power slam with a roll-up. Perez didn’t show much here.

3. Jazz vs. Trinity

A decent “Vixens” match. Trinity made a good showing here. Jazz was also great. Jazz took the win with a sit out tombstone piledriver.

4. FBI vs. Paul Heyman’s Personal Enforcers

It was your basic heels working the referees blind spot heat building tag match. It was great stuff though. Mamaluke hit a pescado to the outside during some of the exchanges. PHPE took the win when Danny Basham broke up a Guido pinfall attempt on his brother with a night stick then dragged Doug on top of Guido to gain the pinfall. This was the turning point in the show. Things were pretty average up until this point and the FBI and PHPE really got the crowd stirred up and the crowd remained into it for the rest of the show.

Matt Striker came out next and berated the Mississippi crowd. He basically labeled the Hattiesburg fans as stupid and inbred and said we were all just like all of the wrestlers back in the ECW locker room…except one. He said he had his own dressing room with his own shower where he could shower alone. He then added he had found a man in ECW that he could share his locker room with, a guy he would be proud to take a shower with: Rene Dupree. Naturally the crowd got a big kick of the homosexual undertones and were all Striker’s and Dupree’s cases. This lead to Tommy Dreamer running in and attacking both guys. When they started to get the better of him Sandman ran in for the big save. The pops for Dreamer and Sandman were both off the charts. This all lead up to the following tag match:

5. Tommy Dreamer & Sandman vs. Matt Striker & Rene Dupree

It wasn’t a classic match but the Hattiesburg fans were so into the ECW originals and the reactions from the crowd were off the charts. Dreamer and Sandman took the win when Dreamer pinned Dupree with a roll up. After the match Dreamer asked Striker if he could spell Mississippi. Dreamer said that it’s spelt “M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I just kicked your ass!” Sandman said that he spells it “B-E-R”. Dreamer ripped on Sandman for spelling beer wrong whilst Sandman laughed to himself. They then produced a pack of Budweisers from beneath the ring and invited around ten fans into the ring for a “good old fashioned ECW beer bash”. The crowd were going mental during all of this.

6. C.M. Punk vs. Mike Knox

Kelly Kelly did not accompany Knox to the ring. Hattiesburg were very much into C.M. Punk. He got all of his key spots in. It was nothing spectacular but the crowd were very forgiving of it (unlike the Armstrong/Perez match earlier in the show) probably due to their love for Punk. Everything looked good and Knox seemed to uphold his end of the bargain pretty well. Punk took the win with the uranage followed by the Anaconda Vise for the tap out win.

7. Rob Van Dam vs. Kevin Thorn w/ Ariel

RVD was over like it was 1999 again. There were frequent RVD chants throughout the match. RVD was also displaying that cool cocky face attitude that made him so popular all those years ago. This kind of reminded me of RVD vs. Mike Lozansky or RVD vs. Ulf Herrman matches. Thorn was holding up his end of the bargain as RVD showcased all of his spectacular spots. Ariel ran interference spots. RVD took the win with the frog splash then received a massive ovation form the crowd.

8. Extreme Rules: Sabu vs. Test

Pretty good weapons match. Lots of steel chair usage. The crowd loved Sabu and seemed to love to boo Test. Sabu took the win with an Air Sabu through a table that was set up in the corner. A great way to wrap up an excellent house show.

Biggest Pops:

1. Rob Van Dam

2. Dreamer/Sandman

3. Sabu

4. C.M. Punk