PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Espinoza Says Showtime Open to Broadcast Deal With UFC

Kemo
09-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Showtime and the UFC may have not seen the last of each other.

The two organizations worked together to make Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor a reality. Despite some differences between Showtime Sports executive vice president Stephen Espinoza and UFC President Dana White, the two ultimately had a smoother experience than expected.

During a recent appearance on “The MMA Hour,” Espinoza said Showtime is interested in negotiating with the UFC once the FOX broadcast deal expires:

“It would be silly not to. We are not gonna support the organization on our own shoulders. Not [like] the FOX deal.”

He went on to say that his disagreements with White are simply part of the business.

“Dana and I have disagreed on some things, but my relationships over there are strong. I like the guys. Virtually, almost all the team that was there in Strikeforce is still over there and I like dealing with them. I like them as people, I like them as individuals and I like them as business people. It’s not to say I don’t like Dana. He and I have had disagreements, which is fine. The NFL and I have disagreements sometimes. It happens.”