PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Gold Medalist Erica Wiebe Talks About Training At The Performance Center

Kemo
09-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Canadian Olympic wrestling gold medalist Erica Wiebe wrote an article for CBS Sports talking about her recent visit to the Mae Young Classic finals, the WWE Performance Center and the possibility of becoming a WWE Superstar.

sib-Oct0r5E

Wiebe was approached by WWE earlier this year and attended the Mae Young Classic finals in Las Vegas before spending time at the Performance Center in Orlando. She learned to bump, which was a jarring experience and unlike anything she ever experienced.

"I was scared. It seemed like such a simple skill but it was something I had never done before, with a group of strangers watching, and all the expectations on me to perform. “I like flipping others over, NOT flipping myself over,” she admitted, “I was scared. It seemed like such a simple skill but it was something I had never done before, with a group of strangers watching, and all the expectations on me to perform.”

While the door is always open to pursue a WWE career in the future, right now she’s focused on competing at the next Olympic summer games in Tokyo in 2020.

“For now, I am returning to my life in Calgary. Training in a little padded room in the basement at the University. The next adventure for me will be to try life in the corporate world. In the next few weeks, by day, I will be working as a consultant at Deloitte, translating what I know about excellence, leadership, and passion into the processes and systems of different industries and more than anything, soaking up a whole different world of information.

It is a flexible work opportunity that will provide balance in my life and most importantly, support my focus on competing at the next Olympics in Tokyo 2020.

As for the WWE, everyone there knows I’m committed to Tokyo but they have left the door open for me to try again after the Summer Games. Will it lead to a life in professional wrestling? Only time will answer that question.

No matter what I do, today and in the years to come, I will continue to seek out new challenges with optimism and relentless passion.”