PDA

View Full Version : Original Plans For Brock Lesnar’s Cancelled WWE Return In 2005 Revealed

Kemo
10-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Back in 2004 Brock Lesnar initially decided to leave WWE in order to pursue a career in the National Football League (NFL), which was short-lived after a stint with the Minnesota Vikings was ended when “The Beast” was cut from the team just before the start of the regular season that year. He then journeyed to Japan to work for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) where he would win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, in addition to beginning his mixed martial arts career and fighting several times in the UFC.

Former WWE writer Court Bauer recently did an interview with Wrestling Inc. to promote the MLW: One-Shot event, and revealed the idea WWE had for Lesnar’s return to the company in 2005 – which obviously never ended up happening:

4aRgVuASG2k

“I really liked the Brock and Batista because of the parallels going back to OVW. It was a classic, traditional Vince McMahon collision course of two massive forces. It was a big money match. Batista needed something different to shake things up for him and Brock Lesnar could have really fit that mold rather well.

“We were going to have him leave a trail of wreckage until Batista said, ‘That’s enough. You’re on my turf. I’m going to put down this great white shark’.

“Someone asked Vince point-blank is he in fact coming back and we got the answer to not factor Brock Lesnar into our plans for the immediate future. That was Vince’s very firm way of saying we’re not doing business with him at the moment.”