PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Talks Neville and WWE Departure Rumors

Kemo
10-17-2017, 08:23 PM
WWE legend Chris Jericho recently appeared on Busted Open Radio and he weighed in on the current situation involving former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville and his alleged departure from the company.

When discussing the idea of Neville leaving to pursue outside opportunities Jericho had this to say:

“It doesn’t surprise me because I think a guy like Neville, whenever I worked with him we had great matches,” He reminds me a lot, actually, of working with Chris Benoit in that he’s very hard-hitting, he’s very solid, very graceful and not stiff in the least, just a really innovative, smart worker. I think he wasn’t really getting his shot in the WWE, and the cruiserweight thing is fine but let’s be honest, it is what it is. I think there’s a lot higher potential for a guy like Neville in the ring and also the character.”

Jericho also compared Neville to some of the bigger stars on the independent scene currently; “If he left you know that he’s gonna be one of those guys like Cody Rhodes, guys like the Young Bucks and Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll that are making a choice not to be in WWE and proving that it’s not the be-all, end-all if you’re not there,” Jericho said. “Look at Tommy (Dreamer) with House Of Hardcore, very successful outside of the reigns of the WWE.”