PDA

View Full Version : WWE & Dana Warrior React To VICE Article About Ultimate Warrior

Kemo
10-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Last week, VICE Sports ran a lengthy feature examining WWE’s decision to use The Ultimate Warrior as the face of their Breast Cancer Awareness campaign. The crux of the article looks at controversial comments Warrior made surrounding Bobby Heenan’s cancer battle, Martin Luther King Jr., Hurricane Katrina victims and actor Heath Ledger’s death.

WWE issued the following statement in response to the article:

“WWE’s ‘Unleash Your Warrior’ breast cancer awareness campaign and annual ‘Warrior Award’ recognize individuals that exhibit the strength and courage of WWE’s legendary character The Ultimate Warrior. Any attempt to distract from the mission of these initiatives and take the spotlight away from the honorees is unfortunately misguided.”

Warrior’s widow Dana also commented, noting that Warrior evolved his controversial viewpoints after conversations with their daughters.

“I will not be disloyal to my husband’s memory or speak ill of a man who is not here to defend himself. I can, however, tell you his heart was changed by conversations with his two daughters. The true testament of the man behind the character is his ability to evolve. My husband did just that.”