PDA

View Full Version : *RESULTS* RAW House Show - 8/20/06

Dangerous Incorporated
10-09-2006, 10:06 AM
*RESULTS* RAW House Show - 8/20/06

Greenville, SC
Bi-Lo Center

1) WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Kenny & Nicky defeated Cryme Tyme via disqualification at 9:25 when one of the challengers clotheslined Nicky as he had the other Cryme Tyme member covered with a roll over; the remaining Spirit Squad members were ejected around the 3-minute mark after interfering
- Lame reason for a DQ but it's not the first time the WWE has gone with that finish. Cryme Tyme was very over and cleared the ring of the 5 Spirit Squaders with steel chairs before the match. The two teams worked well together and I could see this being a big (as big as tag team wrestling gets on Raw) TV program.

2) Gene Snitsky pinned Charlie Haas with a boot to the face at 7:13
- Surprised by the finish. Haas played the cowardly heel for much of the match.

3) Oleg Prudius pinned Eugene with the drop torture rack at 3:33
- Prudius did the whole Nikolai Volkoff circa 1985 shtick as he sang the Russian National Anthem before Eugene's entrance. Prudius is a thick guy and has a good build but his in-ring work could use improvement.

4) Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated Robbie & Rory McAllister at 8:58 when Cade pinned Robbie with the clothesline / clip to the leg combo after the Highlanders failed a Rocket Launcher attempt
- Good match. Cade & Murdoch, Raw's best team in my opinion, really worked well with the crowd and teased fighting a ringside fan before the match.

5) Chris Masters defeated Jim Duggan in the Masterlock Challenge. After the contest, Duggan sent Masters to the floor with the running clothesline after Masters grabbed the mic and taunted him.

Maria & Candice Michelle came out for a "Kiss Cam" segment. Maria said the footage would be posted on WWE.com.

6) WWE IC Champion Jeff Hardy defeated Shelton Benjamin and Johnny Nitro (w/ Melina) at 10:40 by pinning Nitro with the Swanton
- Some nice spots but not as good as the Vengeance 3-way.

7) Kane pinned Umaga (w/ Armando Allejandro Estrada) at 4:27 with the chokeslam after Umaga accidentally hit an interfering Armando over the head with a steel chair, with Kane then kicking the chair into Umaga's face
- Umaga's first pinfall loss, even on the house show circuit. The crowd chanted "You got beat" as a dazed Umaga dragged his unconscious manager backstage after the match.

8) Shawn Michaels & Triple H defeated Randy Orton & Edge at 16:25 when Triple H pinned Orton after avoiding the RKO and Orton sustaining the superkick and Pedigree
- DX was insanely over but the match itself was mostly stalling. I don't think any action worth mentioning happened until close to the 10-minute mark. Both Orton and Edge teased walking out at different points in the match. After the win, Michaels & Triple H went around the ring a few times slapping hands.

Fun show but it went by very quickly. I guess everyone wanted to be done in time to catch the pay-per-view. Match of the night would probably go to the IC 3-way with Cade & Murdoch vs. the Highlanders not far behind.