PDA

View Full Version : Edge Gives A Possible Reason Why AJ Styles Beat Jinder Mahal For The WWE Title

Kemo
11-16-2017, 07:15 PM
On a recent edition of former WWE Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian’s podcast, E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness, the duo discussed AJ Styles’ recent WWE Title victory over Jinder Mahal on an episode of SmackDown Live. The pair discussed the big title change occurring on a taping in the UK, Styles now taking on Brock Lesnar on short notice, expectations for their Survivor Series match, and so much more. You can check out the highlights here below:

Christian on UK fans getting to see a big title change:

“I think it was a pretty big moment and I think it was the right guy to do it with,” Christian said. “And I think it was kind of shocking. I don’t think anybody was expecting it, especially with the build they’ve been doing with Jinder and Brock, I don’t think anybody expected it. But do you know what? It’s good to reward the fans over there with a big moment like that because they always show up over there in the U.K., in Europe. They’re always big crowds and they’re diehards. They support it and they love it and it’s good that they get rewarded with a big moment like that. It was a shocking moment, so it was pretty cool.”

Edge on Styles replacing Mahal on short-notice for Survivor Series:

“It’s pretty cool,” Edge admitted. “It feels a little hot-shotted. I’m not going to lie, after the buildup of Jinder and everything. I just kind of assumed [the title change] would be at ‘Mania.”

Edge on the title change likely happening because of the premiere of USA Network’s new show, Damnation:

“I think there [are] probably a few factors that go in. I think USA [Network] was debuting a new TV series after. And while some of you may scoff and say, ‘WWE wouldn’t change their business for that,’ yes, they would. The Shooter was debuting and they stacked the 900th episode of SmackDown. That’s why I was there. That’s why Taker was there. They’ll do those things because they’re on the USA Network and USA Network asks for a favor, so they’ll do them a favor.”

Christian on AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar:

“People were complaining about it, but he’s a legit heel. People don’t want to see him win. And I know [Edge] said it might have been hot-shotted. It might have been, but it was also one of those things where people weren’t expecting it and that’s hard to do. So in that case, I like it. I think AJ and Brock will be a pretty awesome match.

“It can be seen as maybe a little bit quick. It is one of the ‘big four’ pay-per-views, right? Survivor Series? It is one of the main shows. It gives it a little bit more oomph to that show.”

Edge on Styles vs. Lesnar needing to happen at one of The Big Four:

“I’m not a big fan of giving away the big matches on I don’t want to say throwaway pay-per-views because they’re not, don’t get me wrong. If there’s going to be this match, I’m happy that at least it’s on one of the big pay-per-views, one of the original four.”