PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey WWE Merchandise Already Available

Kemo
01-29-2018, 08:16 PM
WWE Shop didn’t waste any time cashing in on Ronda Rousey’s big debut at the 2018 Royal Rumble. 2 different versions of the “Rowdy” Roddy Piper inspired T-shirt Rousey was wearing last night are already available on their website.

Now available at #WWEShop! #WWE @RondaRousey #RondaRousey #RoyalRumble

— WWEShop.com (@WWEShop) January 29, 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUrwo_DU8AIeKzV.jpg

Roddy Piper and Ronda Rousey share a connection with “Judo” Gene Lebell who is longtime friends with Ronda’s mother. Lebell has known Rousey ever since she was born. Lebell introduced Rousey to Piper and Piper granted permission for her to use his nickname.

They stayed in touch in the years that passed. Rousey had a chance to speak to Piper just weeks before his death. She was training for UFC 190 at the time. Here is what she told MMA Fighting, they spoke about.

“I actually got a chance to sit down and talk to him for a couple hours before this fight,” Rousey said. “I didn’t have time for anything, but I was like, ‘No, I have to go see Roddy. I have to go to Piper’s Pit.’ We talked for hours. I even told him, I promised I’m gonna do the name proud, ‘I’m gonna do you proud, I’m gonna go beat this chick.’ I told him that.”

At UFC 190 Rousey knocked Bethe Correia out in just 34 seconds.