PDA

View Full Version : Dana White & Cyborg React To Ronda Rousey In WWE

Kemo
01-31-2018, 05:35 PM
UFC President Dana White and UFC Women’s Featherweight Champion Cris Cyborg are the latest big names from the MMA world to comment on Ronda Rousey’s transition from the Octagon to the squared circle.

Dana White and Ronda Rousey have worked closely over the years and made boatloads of money together during Rousey’s reign of terror as the baddest woman in the UFC. After suffering two losses in the cage, Rousey decided it was time to move on to the next chapter of her career, although she has not closed to the door on another UFC fight down the road. So, how does Dana White feel about losing one of his top box office draws to Vince McMahon?

Journalist Adam Hill of the Las Vegas Review-Journal texted got a quote from Dana White earlier this week. While the UFC boss would have loved to get a few more fights out of Rousey, he was gracious and wished her the best in WWE.

“I’m very happy for her,” White said. “She loves pro wrestling and has always been a big fan so I know how much his means to her. She keeps accomplishing everything she’s ever wanted.”

Rousey’s longtime bitter rival Cris “Cyborg” Justino took another approach when talking about Rousey leaving MMA for pro wrestling. She started off by saying, “I believe that she will be happy in WWE” – which on the surface, seems nice. However, the tone of her comments about Rousey took a sharp u-turn, as she took some cheap shots at Rousey and the sport of pro wrestling itself. Cyborg said she feels Rousey will hit her stride in the world of sports entertainment:

“I believe that she will be happy in WWE, and it’s completely different from the reality of MMA. For an example, wins and losses are decided before the show."