PDA

View Full Version : Mark Henry On If He’ll Wrestle Again

Kemo
02-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry recently did an interview with 6 ABC Action News to talk about a variety of professional wrestling topics. Henry was asked about potentially returning to the ring, to which he responded he make a Brett Favre-esk return sometime down the road:

“I might do a ‘Brett Favre.’ I might down the road, if my body feels right. Some young punks feel like they have too many words that they can’t back up, I might step back [in].”

As for his current role with WWE, “The World’s Strongest Man” says he’s trying to bring more awareness to WWE via their charities and programs:

“For the most part, my whole deal right now is trying to bring more awareness to the WWE, its charities, [and] its programs. Travel the world and introduce our business to people that don’t have the WWE. Our developmental franchise, NXT, I scout. There’s guys in the company now: Braun Strowman, Baron Corbin, [and] Apollo Crews that I’ve helped cultivate, ya know and say, ‘Hey, that guy can do something. Bring him in.'”

Henry, a Texan, is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and was asked to give his Super Bowl prediction between Cowbys’ division rivals the Philadelphia Eagles and defending champion the New England Patriots. Henry said he’s picking the Eagles to take home the Lombardi Trophy this year:

“The Eagles are going to win. It’s just a known fact. As hard as it is to say, I have to go with Philly. Because they are in the NFC East and it proves the dominance of their division. [In] the NFC East, those guys chew each other up all season long. If you can come out of the East, you’ve got a pretty good chance of winning.”