PDA

View Full Version : DDP And The Big Show Offer Thoughts On Ronda Rousey’s Potential

Kemo
03-05-2018, 10:37 PM
There has been, and will be, a lot of talk around Ronda Rousey before she makes her in-ring debut as an official WWE superstar, with many offering their opinions on the UFC Champion’s potential in the world of sports entertainment.

Since Rousey was seen slamming Triple H through a table at Elimination Chamber, WWE Hall of Famer DDP spoke to UPI.com.

“I think she’ll put the work in, she’ll have to. Because it’s completely different from UFC. I think Ronda brings a lot. She really put women’s sports at the top of the list. She’s the main event. If you look back…there is no way there is ever going to be women’s fighting in UFC. She had a whole different vision. Not too many years after that she was headlining the main event. It really put her in a huge spot. And she had a great career. And I’m sure she’s pretty much moved on from that and she’s on to the next one.”

Diamond Dallas Page explained that it may not happen straight away, and she may not be unbelievable, but he stated that he thinks she’ll hold her own in the ring.

“That’s why I think she’ll be successful. Do I think it’s going to take some time? You know I do. If you go back to her run in the UFC, it was almost Tyson-esque. It’s the same thing that Mike did coming in and boxing. She did it with tapouts.”

“She comes with a rep and it’s a good one […] Look what women’s sports are doing today. We’d probably never see any of these amazing fighters in the UFC. WWE, the girls there are serious. She has some great talent there and they aren’t there to hurt her.”

Along with DDP, The Big Show also spoke with UPI.com about Ronda’s new career in sports entertainment.

“You can tell she’s excited about our business and what we do […] As far as the brand the notoriety she brings to our industry, I think it’s an incredible opportunity for WWE and WWE fans as well as Ronda Rousey fans.”

The world’s largest athlete highlighted her presence, athletic ability, and entertainment skills as things to watch out for, stating that ‘she’s just going to be overwhelming’.

“It’s going to raise the bar a little bit in our women’s division. Our women’s division is the strongest it has ever been. It’s so strong, it has actually attracted the talent like Ronda Rousey to want to come and be a part of it….I think it’s absolutely amazing. I can’t wait to see what she does in the ring.”