PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Comments on Possible WrestleMania Match With Rey Mysterio Jr.

Kemo
03-08-2018, 05:23 PM
John Cena is doing some promotional work for Nickelodeon today in New York’s Time Square. He will be hosting the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards later this month. Earlier today, the art for the TMNT character he will be voicing in the fall was released as well.

Despite his busy schedule, Cena had time to answer questions regarding potential opponents for him at this year’s WrestleMania. Sports Illustrated caught up to him at the event.

Cena had this to say in regards to recent rumors Rey Mysterio will be his WrestleMania opponent, “Rey Mysterio is great,” said Cena. “I’ll say that, and that’s what I can say about Rey.”

According to a report from the Wrestling Observer, however, Mysterio tore his biceps this weekend. If the diagnosis turns out to be correct, Mysterio could miss WrestleMania.

“I have never asked for a WrestleMania opponent,” said Cena when pressed further about other potential Mania opponents. “If you look at what I’ve done in my WrestleMania entirety, from coming out at Safeco Field in a sweat suit rapping to two cardboard cutouts, to working with established superstars to working with rookies, to being fortunate enough to use the platform to ask a beautiful young lady to marry me.”

During the interview, Cena even hinted it is possible he missed WrestleMania altogether this year.

“What a great story it would be for me to miss and have to buy a ticket,” said Cena. “The year doesn’t stop at WrestleMania, we do Raw the next night. Now imagine if this stalwart, this statue of the WWE now has to look inside himself and ask, ‘Do I still have it?’ after being left out of the biggest show of the year.”