PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Daniels Reveals His ROH Mount Rushmore

Kemo
03-10-2018, 04:03 AM
Ring Of Honor’s (ROH) Christopher Daniels recently did an interview with WrestleZone to talk about several professional wrestling topics. Daniels first discussed getting a role as a stunt performer in Netflix’s series “Love”:

“Chavo Guerrero is a stunt coordinator, he was the stunt coordinator for GLOW, and when Love needed a wrestling scene they knew that he was someone that has worked with wrestlers and stunt people at the same time. Chavo put myself, Tyrus, Lil’ Cholo from Lucha Underground is in it, and Lisa Marie Varon is in it, but that’s how it all got set up. Chavo knows that there’s a lot of us out here in [Los Angeles], and whenever there’s a wrestling scene he kind of just throws his friends together and gets us in there.”

The former ROH World Champion was then asked if he takes roles based on appeal to his fanbase, or if he is simply trying to build up his resume as a stunt performer:

“For me, someone that is entertaining the idea of branching out into stunt work in the future, it’s just an opportunity to sort of hone my skills and get to know more stunt coordinators and stunt performers in the Hollywood scene. I understand, and I hope wrestling fans understand that these shows may not be on the top lists of fans that watch me in Ring Of Honor, but they understand the difference between Christopher Daniels of Ring Of Honor and Christopher Daniels as a stunt man.

“We’re playing different roles and I’m serving a different show and a different storyteller. It doesn’t bother me to go into stunt work, and if [ROH fans] are watching Love because I’m on it, hopefully they enjoy the show, and it might get them into watching the entire series if they like the episode that we’re on.”

Daniels then discussed facing The Hung Bucks (The Young Bucks and Adam Page) at ROH’s 16th Anniversary show this weekend:

“The feud between myself and Frankie [Kazarian] and the Young Bucks has been going on for a couple of years now. As far as our toughest opponents, I have to throw the Young Bucks up at the top of the list. So, now with them as the Six-Man Tag Team Champions with Adam Page, we recently recruited Scorpio Sky as a fellow So-Cal professional wrestler to be on our side, so over the course of the past few months we’ve had so many interactions with them were Friday is going to be a Vegas Street Fight.

“Basically there’s no rules, and anything goes. The tensions between us and them have escalated to the point where there’s going to be weapons, there’s probably going to be blood, but I feel confident in myself, Frankie and Scorpio where we’re going to come out as the new Six-Man Tag Team Champions.”

When asked about his Mount Rushmore of ROH wrestlers, Daniels offered up names such as Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, and Bryan Danielson:

“I feel like probably the top four guys for me are, and I’m not going to name myself, that’d be wildly arrogant. I’d have to put Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, Jay Briscoe and Jay Lethal. It’s tough to narrow it down to four, because you leave out guys like Nigel McGuinness, who deserves to be in that conversation. You leave out Low Ki, Austin Aries as the first two-time champion, or Adam Cole as the first three-time champion.

“All of those guys deserve to be in that conversation, but certainly looking back at the history of Ring Of Honor, the first two guys, Samoa Joe and Bryan Danielson are locks. And what Jay Briscoe and Jay Lethal have meant to Ring Of Honor, especially over the past decade, it certainly says a lot about their hard work and their effort and what they brought to this company as a whole.”