PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Talks About Possibly Missing WrestleMania, Gronk Joining WWE

Kemo
03-10-2018, 04:28 AM
John Cena spoke with Sports Illustrated this week about the possibility of becoming a 17-time world champion this Sunday at Fastlane, his relationship with Nickelodeon, potential opponents for WrestleMania 34 and the possibility of NFL star Rob Gronkowski becoming a WWE Superstar when his football career is over.

Cena On Possibly Missing WrestleMania 34:

John Cena is without an opponent for WrestleMania. As he continues his quest to be part of the WrestleMania card, he considers the possibility that he might not be part of this year’s event.

“What a great story it would be for me to miss and have to buy a ticket,” Cena posed. “The year doesn’t stop at WrestleMania, we do Raw the next night. Now imagine if this stalwart, this statue of the WWE now has to look inside himself and ask, ‘Do I still have it?’ after being left out of the biggest show of the year.”

It seems unlikely that WWE would leave John Cena off the biggest show of the year, but Cena’s not convinced he’ll be participating on April 8th.

“Don’t put this past Vince,” Cena said cautiously. “Vince is extremely smart, and the reason he is so successful is his ability to see beyond what is immediately in front of him. A two-year or a three-year play would be smart … All things considered, with everything coming out, I wouldn’t mind my contribution to WrestleMania this year being an absence. If that’s my role in the story, I’ll play it.”

Rob Gronkowski Being a “Perfect Fit” For WWE:

There’s been a lot of speculation that NFL star Rob Gronkowski could be WWE bound after his days in the NFL come to a close. Cena’s on board with the idea – but hopes Gronk has a few more years left on the New England Patriots.

“If Gronkowski wants to come on board, I think he’d be a perfect fit,” said Cena. “He does not lack in the energy department, so I think he’d be just fine.”

“I’m a fan of the Patriots, so I hope he keeps catching footballs” he added. “He’s really good at that. Hopefully Gronkowski can have a career as long as Tom Brady.”