PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Prichard Talks WrestleMania 34 & Undertaker’s Physical Condition

Kemo
03-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Newsweek.com has published an interview with Bruce Prichard of the wildly popular Something To Wrestle podcast. Here are some highlights:

Prichard told Phillip Martinez from Newsweek that he’s really looking forward to WresetleMania, especially the top few matches. As a longtime member of Vince McMahon’s inner circle, Prichard has seen it all when it comes to booking WrestleMania main events. When asked about WWE’s portrayal of Brock Lesnar in the Universal Championship match at WM34, Prichard says WWE has done the right thing by limiting Lesnar’s exposure and keeping him as a special attraction.

“It depends on your perspective,” Prichard said. “In a situation where Brock is champion, he’s coming in for a certain number of days doing what he does, and when he comes in, he draws people. People are interested in what he does. So from my point of view, not having to overexpose the talent is a great thing. People become complacent and used to the talent. When you’re only getting them every once in a while, that adds to the talent’s mystique… Whether it’s Brock’s idea or WWE’s idea, I think it’s a good one for a big draw to only be seen in a limited way.”

Regarding the WWE Championship match between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura, Prichard compared Styles success to that of a rookie Kurt Angle. He also praised Nakamura, who has gotten over with the WWE Universe on work rate and charisma without speaking much English.

John Cena’s role at WrestleMania has not been made official as of this writing, but it seems like the 16-time world champion is headed for showdown with The Undertaker. Prichard said fans love The Undertaker so much that he could wrestle several more years and people would eat it up. The Undertaker’s physical ailments are well-documented, but Prichard revealed that he saw the Dead Man several months ago and he looked to be in great physical shape.

“I saw him recently, around Thanksgiving, and I haven’t seen him look that good in 10-15 years … He was skipping up steps and looked great.”