PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg Reflects On Latest WWE Run, Comments On Being Inducted Into Hall Of Fame

Kemo
03-21-2018, 09:55 PM
Former WWE/WCW World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg recently spoke with The Washington Post to promote his appearance on “The Goldbergs” on ABC this Wednesday night.

Goldberg has had quite the career in professional wrestling. Make no mistake about it, he was the top star of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) at the peak of the Monday Night Wars. While under contract with WCW between 1997 and 2001, Goldberg rose to fame in WCW with a lengthy undefeated streak in singles competition from 1997 to 1998, which was considered the longest winning streak in professional wrestling.

After twelve years away from the WWE, he returned to WWE in 2016 and headlined Survivor Series against Brock Lesnar, and Fastlane against Kevin Owens where he won the WWE Universal Championship.

He lost the title to Lesnar at WrestleMania 34 in Orlando, Florida. He was last seen on WWE television the night after Mania on Raw. In this interview, he was asked about his latest WWE run and potentially doing it one more time.

“The angle was real and it was touching and it was true. I kind of left it all out there. It was a cleansing experience,” Goldberg said. “I owe it all to Vince McMahon and Brock Lesnar. They gave me the opportunity to be one of the coolest dads in the world and they didn’t have to do that.”

“Do I want to roll the dice again? I don’t know,” Goldberg said. “I’ll quote one of the most famous movies that I was ever in, ‘Santa’s Slay’: It ain’t over ‘til I say it’s over.”

He was also asked being inducted into the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame class.“Thankfully for the people that didn’t forget about me, they welcomed me with open arms,” Goldberg said.