PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Explains Why Conor McGregor Is a “Fantastic” Fit For WWE

Kemo
03-22-2018, 07:50 PM
John Cena was interviewed by Irish media outlet Entertainment.ie this week to promote his new movie Blockers, which opens in theaters April 6th (WrestleMania weekend).

Cena spoke about his acting career taking off and credited comedian Amy Schumer and director Judd Apatow with giving him the chance to experiment and ‘find himself’ as an actor on the set of the movie Trainwreck.

The interviewer spoke about the number of athletes who have crossed over between WWE and UFC including Brock Lesnar, CM Punk and Ronda Rousey. When asked which WWE Superstars he thinks could be successful mixed martial arts fighters, Cena gave an answer that would make Vince McMahon proud.

“I don’t know why they would want to [leave WWE for UFC],” Cena said. “I guess I’m just a sucker for what we do. You look at an individual like Brock and I think he’s drawn towards what the Octagon offers.” I [prefer] what we do because we’re sitting here talking about a story. We tell stories in WWE and that’s what I like the most, so I can’t put myself in the shoes of, ‘I’d want to go do this in the Octagon'”

The host asked Cena about the possibility of Ireland’s most famous athlete, Conor McGregor, appearing for WWE one day. Cena was fully on board with that prospect, noting that McGregor understands the entertainment aspect of his sport better than anybody.

“He would do fantastic. Hell, he’d put me out of work. He gets the entertainment aspect of sport, and I think he gets it as good or better than anyone else.”

“The way he promoted the fight against Mayweather … that’s what we do, he did it as good or better than us. So, I hope one day, if you’re out there watching and you want to come to WWE, he would be a fantastic WWE Superstar.”

You can listen to John Cena’s interview with Entertainment.ie here:

4SrAIT68Vdc